SPANISH FOR MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS AND RESIDENTS
To Doctors, Nurses, Midwives, Physical Therapists, Medical Students, Dentists, using our own books design to teach medical terms, concentrate on the Human Body and its anatomy. Students who study Spanish for work-related reasons have specific language requirements that involve the need to communicate effectively with Spanish-speaking clients, customers, students, and patients. This course provides them with functional language and cultural information to enhance their effectiveness with Spanish speakers in the workplace.
Based in Quepos and Manuel Antonio, this Spanish for medical professionals program combines intensive Spanish classes focusing on medical vocabulary in combination with visits to clinics and local hospital plus volunteer in a health care project with local non-profit foundation, for a few hours each day. The spanish course has been carefully developed to give students the tools necessary for communicating effectively in a Spanish-speaking medical environment.
Topics include common diseases, medical equipment, taking patient histories, and other topics pertinent to communicating in a clinical setting. Participants will meet for class from 8:30am to 12:30pm Monday through Friday. After a lunch break, students spend the afternoon doing volunteer work in local clinics or health care project in order to gain practical experience and an understanding of the healthcare system in Costa Rica.
The Program Includes:
- Accommodation with a host family
- Two meals a day
- 80 hours of Spanish instruction
- All texts and materials for the Spanish classes
- Visits to clinics and local hospital and volunteer in a health care project with local non-profit foundation
- Orientation and activities (including latino dance classes, Costa Rican cooking classes, and tropical fruit classes)
- Internet access while in Costa Rica
- Cultural activities throughout the program